Sr. Scientist (Immuno-Oncology)
Apexigen is currently seeking a highly skilled Sr. Scientist with a track record of research excellence, proven expertise in immunology and therapeutic antibody discovery to effectively lead multiple discovery programs/teams. The candidate will be responsible for establishing in vitro assays and in vivo animal models to identify and characterize lead antibodies and to use these assays and models to elucidate the mechanism of action and biology of immuno-oncology. Ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual who has hands on approach, leads from the bench and enjoys having broad responsibilities and opportunities to thrive in a collaborative work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Source novel oncology drug targets
- Lead program from inception to IND submission
- Drive execution of research strategy
- Effectively supervise, lead and mentor staff/team with hand-on performance and management of laboratory work; serve as a member of other teams
- Design, develop, execute, and troubleshoot assays for target validation, lead candidate selection and characterization and mechanism of action studies to support therapeutic pipeline programs
- Manage contract research organization relationships to ensure progress on projects
- Accurately analyze, record and communicate data with a keen attention to detail and consistency
- Write research papers, abstracts, technical reports, regulatory documents and SOPs
- Effectively present and communicate research findings to internal teams and external scientific community and partners
- Prepare reports, publications and presentations
- Ph.D. in immunology with 3+ years industry experience in immunology related drug discovery and development.
- Record of accomplishments evidenced by publications/patents
- Experience in oncology therapeutic antibody discovery and/or development is required
- Demonstrated expertise of a wide range of cellular and biochemical assays, including cell isolation and culture, molecular biology, cellular immunology assays for the identification and characterization of therapeutic antibodies.
- Extensive experience with functional analysis of immune cells in whole blood and PBMC preparations in flow cytometry based technologies is required, especially familiar with immunoassays such as ADCC, CDC, and activation of B cell, T cell, monocytes/macrophages and dendritic cells. ELISA based PK assay and PD biomarker assay development and validation; Luminex cytokine release assay development and validation;
- Experience in in vivo animal models of cancer is required
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage functional responsibilities, prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities while meeting ambitious deadlines
- Highly motivated, efficient, and ambitious; and contributes to strategic planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated drive for rigorous scientific excellence with the ability to think critically to identify and solve scientific problems
- Strong motivation and desire to work in a fast-paced, team environment with positive and supportive attitude toward change
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Email resumes to email@example.com. Please reference Job ID: Sr. Scientist (Immuno-Oncology)
Apexigen is an equal opportunity employer