Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist – Immunology and Immuno-oncology
Apexigen, Inc. San Carlos, CA
Apexigen is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on discovery and development of innovative antibody-based pharmaceuticals for the treatment of cancer and other life-threatening or debilitating diseases. The company's proprietary antibody technology platform enables the discovery of high-quality antibody product candidates against challenging disease targets. Using its robust technology platform, Apexigen has developed a pipeline of therapeutic candidates for cancer and inflammatory diseases, established seven corporate partnerships and is advancing its lead immuno-oncology antibody (APX005M) into clinical development.
In October of 2014, BioSpace ranked Apexigen Number 4 on its list of the Top 30 Life Science Startups to Watch in the U.S.
The candidate will be responsible for establishing in vitro assays and in vivo animal models to identify and characterize lead antibodies and to use these assays and models to elucidate the mechanism of action and biology of immuno-oncology. The candidate will also explore combinatorial therapeutic strategies, and develop biomarkers to support the clinical development. The successful candidate will play a key role in the day-to-day, hands-on performance and management of laboratory work and write technical report for regulatory filing.
Applicants should have PhD degree in immunology, oncology, biology or related field with minimum of 3 years of industry and with a strong background in immunology and immune-oncology. Experience must include:
- Demonstrated expertise of a wide range of cellular and biochemical assays, including cell isolation and culture, molecular biology, cellular immunology assays for the identification and characterization of therapeutic antibodies.
- Extensive experience with functional analysis of immune cells in whole blood and PBMC preparations in flow cytometry based technologies is required, especially familiar with immunoassays such as ADCC, CDC, and activation of B cell, T cell, monocytes/macrophages and dendritic cells. ELISA based PK assay and PD biomarker assay development and validation; Luminex cytokine release assay development and validation;
- Experience in in vivo animal models of cancer is required
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage functional responsibilities, prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities while meeting ambitious deadlines
- Highly motivated, efficient, and ambitious; and contributes to strategic planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Email resumes to email@example.com. Please reference Job ID Scientist
Apexigen is an equal opportunity employer