Research Associate/Senior Research Associate – Therapeutic Antibody RD in Immuno-oncology
Apexigen, Inc. San Carlos, CA
Apexigen is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focusing on the discovery and development of innovative antibody-based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other life-threatening or debilitating diseases. The company's proprietary antibody technology platform enables the discovery of high-quality antibody candidates against challenging disease targets. Using its robust technology platform, Apexigen has developed a pipeline of therapeutic candidates for cancer and inflammatory diseases, established seven corporate partnerships and is advancing its lead immuno-oncology antibody (APX005M) into clinical development. In October of 2014, BioSpace ranked Apexigen Number 4 on its list of the Top 30 Life Science Startups to Watch in the U.S.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with strong hands-on experience to contribute to the discovery and characterization of therapeutic antibody candidates for cancer. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and conducting preclinical studies to support various aspects of immuno-oncology therapeutic development from target validation to clinical development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Immunology, Oncology, Antibody Engineering, Cell Biology or related field plus 2+ years of industrial experience.
- Hands-on experience in immunology and oncology, preferably with isolation and manipulation of human immune cell subsets especially T cells and tumor cells.
- Experienced and skilled in biochemical and cell-based functional assay systems, including long-term cell culture, ELISA, multi-parameter flow cytometry, cell proliferation/apoptosis and ADCC/CDC.
- Expertise high-throughput screening for drug discovery desired.
- Possess strong communication and organizational skills to work with minimal to moderate supervision on multiple projects.
- Strong motivation and desire to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Job ID Research Associate
Apexigen is an equal opportunity employer